Friday, November 6, 2009

A Day to Remember !!

Heyi,

It is bright over night !! Wow ! Look at that rhyme.. Hey guys. I came up with that line by the way. So. How u guys been doin.. I ve been doin really great.. Coming to the topic of the day.. A Day to remember..

This was a really tiring, exciting, worked up as well as an enjoyable day in my life. That was Nov 4th. It was a really special day to me. There were a lot of people who made it special nd lot of things too.. Now i ve already told this story to a sizable number of people and this is jus another form of publicity...

Nov 4 th was the scholarship function at SSN. Most of you woulda read in papers too. Kapil Sibal was the chief guest. and Mr.Shiv Nadar, our founder cum Chairman of HCL was present too. He is considered a great man. Till 2 days prior to the scholarship function i had nothin to do with this stuff. My boss jus called me ta help him out to train the volunteers who had to receive the guests and take them on a campus tour. So we started, did it for 2 whole days. The D Day arrived. I also had an invite to join the dinner party as i was an alumni executive member. Though i was mentally prepared to leave home at 5, i jus stayed on for no particular reason and that turned out to be fruitful. I was damn tired that day after a day ful of work and sat for singer Karthik' concert at 7. That was one treat i knew would surely pep my energy levels. And there he came and took me away with his magical voice.. With Oru Malai, Hasili Fasiliye, Vizhi Moodi and the most famous Anjala, he also touched on Mitwa and the Rock on song.. And not to forget his evergreen Manram Vantha.. At the end of the show i left that place with full contentment.. This was one of the nice things..

Next comes this.. My boss' appreciation.. He said Thanks ta me and that i helped him out at the right time.. That was so genuine.. I jus loved it !!

We then proceeded to the Taj Fisherman' Cove. There was dinner.. I had a great time with the alumni committee members.. And then came The moment.. I shook hand with none other than Shiv Nadar. An international figure.. It was nice getting introduced to him.. We also took a pic with him !! It was nice.. At the end of it ! A nice drive on the ECR, in a nice weather, drizzling..

I was back at 12 in the night with a nice contended day. Tired but happy and satisfied !!!

Cheers


3 comments:

Anshul Sushil said...

Nice post :)

Communicatrix said...

Found you! We met at SSN Aishwarya. Madhavi, HCL

Unknown said...

Karthik was really fab at Instincts this yr too!! Tho he came in awfully late, his numbers made the wait worhwhile! AJ, put up some pics of the event, & Mr. Nadar!

Romance is....

People who speak to me know that I do keep coming back to this topic pretty often cause it is very close to my heart! Romance always is! ...