Sunday, January 7, 2018

Do you have a crush?

Hola,

PS: Please avoid reading this if you feel like a ‘Sanskari Bahu’, a ‘20th Century Patriarch’ or if you are my family member! 

Crush as defined by google is a brief infatuation on somebody (usually not attainable). Is it ok to have a crush outside your existing relationship? 

The search for this question revealed some very surprising yet shocking results. I threw this question open to a varied demographic audience (all my friends of course)  and got some shocking responses. While most of the GenY thought that it was perfectly fine, I had that ‘are you crazy’ kind of reaction from a few Millenials! Friends staying inside the country were a lot more open to the idea of such harmless crushes in life than outside India. But why? It was time for research.

Generally, the motive of somebody having a crush is tainted upon the fact that they are trying to fill something lacking in their existing relationship. This is necessarily not the case. It’s a simple work of the heart, some oxytocin and visual signal to the brains. A normal human emotion has been made into a guilt trip by our social norms. We have been taught to share certain things only in matrimony or with members of the same gender. If not, it becomes a blunder. 

Do you know that research states that 70-80% of people in successful relationships have such harmless crushes and quite a few of them share it with their partners too! If something is shareable all the more harmless it gets. But, if you have something to hide, sorry - can’t help you there! 

I just hope I don get calls from my friends for getting these thoughts on to their partners heads. As for me, if you have read all this long and you really want to know if I am crushing on somebody - my blog’s name and headline will help you figure it out! 

Use your heart and crush away you guys!! Guilt free & Happy! 

Cheers

No comments:

Romance is....

People who speak to me know that I do keep coming back to this topic pretty often cause it is very close to my heart! Romance always is! ...