Sunday, December 31, 2017

Mixed Bag of 2017

Melange of experiences, emotions and expressions. That was 2017 for me in short! This year has taught me a lot which the past 30 years haven't. Sometimes things just fall on your lap, while sometimes I did learn it the hard way too!

This post is gonna be about my learning based on observations and experiences. I promise it wont be a rant and it is not exclusive either! In fact, a few of these pointers are going to make you go - 'Ah! I have been there too!'
  • Value Today & Everyday - This year started with my mom bouncing back in style out of a major illness. The whole traumatic episode that lasted 6-8 months taught me (in fact my mom did) to believe that every day was valuable. What if there is no tomorrow? You never know! So enjoy every day and never procrastinate anything! 
  • Judge & be Judged - My previous post here will talk in detail about this. Cut the 'voices in your head' about every person you see. Fear less being the victim of the ‘voice in their head’. All that matters is 'YOU'
  • Fight or Flight - When there is a problem everyone reacts in one of these 2 ways. There is no middle path mind you! You either stand there and fight or you just run from that place 'as fast as you can'. You will have 'voices in others head' calling you a coward if you choose 'flight', but believe me those same voices will call you an 'arrogant b****' when you choose 'fight'. Just do what is good for you! There is no right or wrong here. 
  • Politics & You - You can keep saying that you work in a corporate to 'learn, grow and change the world' but there is one thing you can never evade from, Politics. You are either the 'Super-power', the 'Politician', the 'by-stander' or the 'victim'. Choose where you be. (PS: I can hear you all say 'Oh Yeah!' through my phone) 
  • Eat Clean! Get Fit! - From being an explorer of all the diets and weight loss methods in the world, I have finally found my right path. A fitness method I love, trainers who get the best out of me, and the concept of 'Clean Eating' without guilt. Just hope this continues in 2018. 
  • Collaborative Parenting - There are many theories around this. 'Don't let the child choose, what do they know and a lot more'. But I have broken it, at least in my home. Giving the child the right to decide what she wants to do, where she wants to be, has helped me so much. Empowering her has empowered me as a parent. Rather than being directional, we talk and decide what we want to do together. She exactly knows what she wants. She is just 'Three' years old!
  • Age is no bar - I have come into terms of this fact that age is no bar. I hang out so much with my SiL who is much younger and one of my best friends who is much older! I am completely at peace with both of them equally! I have had few of my most happiest moments and shared few of my darkest secrets with them. 
  • Click here to read - Re-Igniting Romance - A blog post written by me 4 years ago on how couples need to work on their partnership post kids. I can truly say, I followed this and a lot more for the last 3 years, making me 'I practise what I preach' kinda person. (I am just hoping my partner doesn't read this!Lol!) 
Gyan time over! You may now get back to partying hard and welcoming 2018 in style! Let's all look forward to what's in store.  

As for me, I am getting back to my Family party infused with some yummy South Indian food, Karaoke night, Bhajans, and hopefully a drive if none of us feel sleepy! 

Cheers 



No comments:

Romance is....

People who speak to me know that I do keep coming back to this topic pretty often cause it is very close to my heart! Romance always is! ...