Thursday, December 21, 2017

Judge and Be Judged!

It is sometimes very funny to see how I try and get back to writing posts and then lose it again. But I did discover one clear pattern. I write in phases of life where there is extreme happiness or something lacking. (Now am not gonna say what phase my life is in, it is for you to ‘JUDGE’)

You might wonder - why capitals on that word alone. Well yeah! That’s what this post is about. So, as per ‘F.R.I.E.N.D.S, Turning 30 should give me some enlightenment right? sharing one such enlightenment here.

As someone who facilitates and is pretty active in the Inclusion initiatives at work and outside, I do get the privilege to actually preach what I don’t practice. It is not that I have anything against practising it, but it just doesn’t come naturally. That’s who we are and how we are grown.  In a society where being judgemental and biased(most of the time unconsciously)  is ‘the thing’.

Someone with an expensive watch, car or anything - the mind will immediately say- who knows what he/she did to get there? Look at a fit sexy looking middle aged woman - ‘she spends all the time on herself and not with children’. These are ‘voices in the head’ that have been ingrained in us forever. But why? I keep wondering.

If this mind voice is not enough, let’s take it to the next level. Assumptions and expectations - ‘I received no text may be that person doesn care.’ ‘I wanna meet that person but what if he/she gets a wrong signal?’

STOP THIS - screams the heart. Why can’t it be lot less complicated. Why can’t we just be honest with each other? Why? Cause we all have the fear of being judged! We fear being the victim of the  ‘voice in their head’

But ya! I try a lot to break this pattern and slowly get a step closer to being open, non judgemental and inclusive. You should try it too. Shut the voice in your head and if possible others too.

Now - Please turn off the ‘voice in your head’ that says ‘What’s with aishu? Something has happened to her! You will never know, my friend.

Cheers 

No comments:

Romance is....

People who speak to me know that I do keep coming back to this topic pretty often cause it is very close to my heart! Romance always is! ...