Friday, October 16, 2009

Diwali Diyas !!!


Heyi,

Am writing to jus let down all my nostalgic feelings.. Before i go ahead, i wanna wish all my readers a very very happy and safe diwali.. I write here in the eve of Diwali with a lot of satisfaction, contentment happiness at the same moment a heart full of memories and a distant nostalgia..

This is one nice set of diyas i came across and i though i would display it here...

Today, I had a great day.. Wake Up Sid with friends, West Side shopping and Ice creams hogging made my day. It was yet another typical holiday but turned out ta be such a nice day.. So apart from that its Diwali eve aptly Deepavali.. Its tradition to light lamps, visit family and friends, make and share sweets, burst crackers and wear new clothes. As usual all these things have a story behind such celebrations.. Lord Krishna Killed a demon Narakasuran and people celebrate his death as Diwali.

S0, wats the nostalgia all about. Its about my the Diwali get together at my maternal grand ma's place. That was till she was alive. My moms family is really big with her 7 brothers and so i have a lot of cousins !!! That makes a hell lot of under one roof on one evening shouting and jumping and literally hogging the sweets which our kutti mami makes. Our fights for the share of payasam, chase to keep the first rocket, and around 10 of us running at the lighting of an atom bomb.. There was a phase when i used to light the crackers in hand and throw them.. Jus to depict heroism.. Used to come back home so dirty withy hands grey, have a wash and indulge in every savory made early in the morning. I even remember having competition with my old apartment neighbor, my close friend for keeping the first cracker in the morning.. I used always win cause i used to be down at 5 to start bursting.. These memories still gimme tears when i see a diwali with jus 4 of us now.. Though my family members come for diwali, it will never be like my paatis house and all of us there together again.

Though now i am gifted to live in a nice big apartment with 72 flats and so many kids around bursting crackers.. Makes it a lively festival place.. And the spirit always keeps goin on..

For now, I don burst much crackers.. I jus wear my new clothes and burst some as par of tradition and have a nice relaxed Diwali.. go temple, see films on TV, talk ta friends, visit some family members and jus have a nice festive day..

So, yet again have a great diwali.. light a lotsa diyas and make ur home and life colorful and bright.

Cheers and Lights


No comments:

Romance is....

People who speak to me know that I do keep coming back to this topic pretty often cause it is very close to my heart! Romance always is! ...