Friday, March 28, 2014

Few hours, a plenty memories!

'Rail Snehidam' I've always heard my aunt use this word when I was a kid referring to any passing quick ending relationships. Also, we ve seen our cinema industry constantly focussing on train relationships, I ve always wondered, how could a few hours with a stranger make any difference.
Today, most probably my last alone train journey for a lot more months, I reflect on these 10 months of my weekly bangalore train travel.
These people who I've met, might not be in touch but will always stay in the mind. These train journeys made me rekindle my writing spirit. These people have featured in my blog as experiences, memories or characters who inspired me. Be it the loving old couple who blessed me a great life, a chic aunty who discussed feminism with me, the busy businessman who I shared a movie on the laptop with, the young chap resembling my brother saying 'bye akka', the 'Thatha who spoke the best English I ve heard in days, and ya, the TTRs who gave me a recognizing smile! All these people have made my, if not strenuous travel, really pleasant!
These journeys have taught me so much patience, adjustment, silence, and the thing that 'I can stay without my cellphone signal and WhatsApp for a few hours, my head won't break'!!
Not to forget the best, booking shortcuts for railway tickets online.. 'Talk to the Expert'
Cheers

No comments:

Romance is....

People who speak to me know that I do keep coming back to this topic pretty often cause it is very close to my heart! Romance always is! ...